Greif, a global leader in industrial packaging products and services, announced today ambitious new sustainability targets, reinforcing the company’s commitment to building a more sustainable and equitable future.
These targets set specific and measurable goals that build on the company’s announcement in 2021 to reduce absolute Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 28% by the end of the decade.
The broader sustainability focus for the company continues to be advancing a circular economy, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and championing diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives.
By 2030, Greif aims to:
- Reach Zero Waste to Landfill at 97% of its Production Facilities – By reducing, recycling, composting, reusing, and incinerating with energy recovery, Greif targets 97% of its production facilities achieving zero-waste to landfills by 2030.
- Make 100% of its Products Recyclable – Working across a vast portfolio of raw materials and products, Greif recyclability targets will be benchmarked by weight, and consolidated at a company level.
- Achieve an average of 60% Recycled Raw Material Content Across Products – Recycled content targets for Greif products are minimum averages benchmarked across a portfolio of materials and products by weight, consolidated at a company level.
- Attain Global Gender Pay Parity – Greif is on track to ensure colleagues receive equal pay for equal work by 2024 and is committed to maintaining gender pay parity.
- Evaluate the Sustainability Performance for 80% of Total Spend with Suppliers – By aiming to increase the evaluation of the sustainability performance of its suppliers, Greif can have a greater impact across its value chain.
“These 2030 targets reflect our determination as a global company to do our part in building a more sustainable future for our people and the planet,” said Ole Rosgaard, President and Chief Executive Officer of Greif. “Together, they create a roadmap to success for our customers, colleagues, and the communities in which we operate and serve.”
Sustainability is a core value for Greif and remains an integral part of how the company does business. These new targets build upon previous sustainability targets and reflect a companywide initiative to align its sustainability efforts with the latest science and the needs of its customers, stakeholders, and suppliers.
For more information on Greif’s commitment to sustainability and ESG initiatives, visit greif.com/sustainability.